Instructions and Guidelines for completing your Placement Packet
Your completed packet will consist of:
- Student Application
- Student Placement Agreement
- Placement Fee
- Placement Fee Verification
Once completed, the Student Application will be sent to Student GPS directly upon completion by clicking on the “Send” button at the bottom of the application. We recommend that you review all the application questions prior to providing the requested information. You will not be able to save this document and continue later. Each field requires an answer. If a specific question does not pertain to you answer with NA. The system will not allow the application to be sent if a question is unanswered.
Student Placement Agreement
Read this document carefully. Check the appropriate fee, indicate who will make the payment to Student GPS, and sign the Agreement on the last page. Once completed either fax or mail to Student GPS. Fax Number: (530) 756-1458 Mailing Address: Student GPS, P.O. Box 352, Davis, CA 95617
For your convenience, you may pay your placement fee by using PayPal, Visa, or MasterCard or by check made payable to “Student GPS” and drawn on a US bank. Checks may be mailed to: Student GPS, P.O. Box 352, Davis, CA 95617 Upon making payment submit the Placement Fee Verification Form.
The following must be completed prior to assigning a Host Family
Send your Student Application, a signed copy of the Student Placement Agreement and your Placement Fee Verification form to Student GPS. Your host family will ONLY be assigned after receiving your complete application packet. Placements are made on a first come, first serve basis.
Once your Placement Packet is complete and has been received by Student GPS the following will happen:
- You will be placed on Student GPS’s active list for a host family. Notification of placement may start as early as (1) one month prior to arrival. Once an appropriate placement has been identified you will receive notification and information on your host family.
- If your completed application packet is received (2) weeks prior to arrival you will receive notification of placement as soon as possible. In the event, placement is not confirmed prior to arrival in the US you should make arrangements to stay in a hotel. (for the first few nights)
If you plan to rent a bicycle or request shuttle service please complete the required forms. The forms can be found in the side bar.
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HOST FAMILY AND STUDENT GPS OF CHANGES TO YOUR ARRIVAL DATE AND TIME.
- Step 1. Instructions
- Step 2. Student Application
- Step 3. Student Placement Agreement
- Step 4. Payment Options & Fees
- Step 5. HomeStay Fee Verification Form
- Step 6. Shuttle Verification Form
- Step 7. Bicycle Request Form
- Step 8. Flight Change/Shuttle Cancellation
- Step 9. Continuation Fee Verification Form